Sketchfab.com makes it easy for anyone to publish and find 3D content online. With a community of millions of creators who have published millions of models, they are one of the largest platforms for immersive and interactive 3D content.
Integrating with Sketchfab allows any Spatian to be able to search the entire Sketchfab database of 3D assets and bring it right into your own space!
Here's how to get started:
1. Login to/Create your Sketchfab account https://sketchfab.com/login?next=/feed
2. On Spatial, join a space and click the blue + button and select the Sketchfab tab
3. Click 'Connect' then click 'Accept'
4. Go back to the original Spatial tab that you started the process from and refresh the page
5. Success! You can now search the Sketchfab database via the menu you are on now, or via the search icon in your dock directly to the left of the blue + button
What content can you pull in directly from Sketchfab via the Spatial integration?
- Free, downloadable models
- Models you've uploaded to your profile
- Models that are under 100mb in size
What content can you not pull in from Sketchfab via the Spatial integration?
- Models available for purchase on Sketchfab.com
- Note: You can still go to Sketchfab.com to purchase any 3D model, download it, and upload it into Spatial like any other 2D/3D content. Just be sure it fits within our 3D file requirements and specifications
- Models larger than 100mb
Import Sketchfab Models By Pasting It's Link
Find a model on Sketchfab and want to bring it into Spatial without searching for it again? Simply paste the link into Spatial!
Hint: You can paste the link directly into the Search 🔍, hit Enter and your model will appear!
Set a Sketchfab Model as Your Custom Environment
Find a Skybox for your Custom Environment
You can also find endless options in Sketchfab to customize the skybox of your space! Simply search for "Skybox" in the Sketchfab tab, then set it as your skybox as seen below: