Token Gating enables Spatial+ users to restrict access to their space to only users that own a specified NFT. Spatial+ users can also control the amount of a specified NFT that a user must own in order to access a space.
Attendees of a space must have their Metamask wallet attached that contains their NFT's connected to their Spatial account.
You can learn how to do that here: --> How To Add Your MetaMask NFT Wallet to Spatial
If a user doesn't own the token required to join a space, they will have the option to purchase it on OpenSea.
How to Token Gate your space
1. Click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the window.
2. Click on Host Tools
3. Click on Set Token Gate Access and then click the toggle switch.
4. Select which blockchain you will be using to token gate your space. At this time Spatial only supports NFT's on the Ethereum and Polygon blockchain.
5. Select the type of contract that the NFT is that will be needed to access your space. At this time Spatial only supports NFT's that are ERC721 or ERC1155
6. For an ERC721 NFT, retrieve the contract address for the NFT from either the NFT's listing details, OR from the URL in the address bar. It makes no difference where you copy the address from.
7. For an ERC1155 NFT, retrieve the contract address for the NFT from either the NFT's listing details, or from the URL in the address bar. You also must retrieve the token ID for an ERC1155 NFT which is listed in the NFT's details and it is also whatever number is after the last "/" in the URL in the address bar. Copy and paste the contract address and the token id into the token gated access menu in Spatial.
8. Be sure to set the minumum quantity of the NFT that a user must own to be able to enter the space. This can be set to whatever number you want.
9. Click Save and now you're done!