Want to share the in-headset Spatial experience with others, but not sure where to start?
In this article, learn how to:
- Bring the in-headset Spatial experience to clients, colleagues, partners, or friends
- Streamline the first time user experience and onboarding
1. Establish a HMD platform
Oculus Quest (consumer/individual use)
- Requires Facebook account pairing when setting up the device
- Device fully administered by the end user
- See here for instructions on downloading Spatial for Oculus Quest.
Oculus Quest for Business (enterprise/large scale use)
- Does not require individual Facebook account pairing
- Can be remotely administered via Oculus Device Manager
- Option to utilize Kiosk mode to auto-deploy Spatial or other select apps
- Recommended: To add Spatial to your Oculus for Business app fleet, send your organization's Device Manager ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also opt to manually sideload. Access our most recent APK file here.
See here for Oculus for Business Developer best practices.
2. Distribution Best Practices
Admins can optionally invite users to your Spatial organization. Otherwise, users can set up accounts and create their own organization. Have each user set up their Spatial account before pairing their account with the loaned device.
Easy setup: If the device is brand new, go through the device setup flow as shown in your headset. Once set up, share the Spatial setup instructions linked below with your recipient.
Box contents: In addition to the device and controllers, pack each device with a charger and microfiber cloth. Charge the device and power off before shipping. Consider including extra AA batteries for the controllers.
Shipping: Securely pack the device in an Oculus carrying case or Oculus Quest box. Include a prepaid return label for easy return if necessary.