We're pretty prolific here at Spatial so need to let you all in on these awesome updates that are now out in the wild!
NFT hyperlink on info panel in Web App
Creators can now link the source of their NFT art on our Spatial web platform.
More Web App Feature Additions
- The ability to clap with 'c' in web app
- Click to select objects similarly to mobile
We added Memory Usage Dialogue
VR users can see how much memory their room is using by opening up the Settings Menu. We provided this information so users can make informed decisions on how many guests they should invite, and the various files they can upload. This feature is currently not yet available on Web or Mobile.
Scale & Rotate slider to Webapp
Not only can you scale and rotate objects on a VR headset, you can now scale, move, and rotate objects from our web version.
Mobile Feature Additions
- Delete and edit room name buttons on mobile
- Also allow TrueDepth scanning on devices with TrueDepth but not LiDAR
Fixes & Improvements
- Add system font fallback for currently unsupported characters
- Fix user reposition to/from Custom environment
- Don't allow thoughtflowing if not fully in a room
- Fix unintended selection when releasing mouse on webapp
- Make the main surface invisible in the gallery environment
- Make WebGL jump height framerate independent
- Change the copy for location groups
- Determine best photon config by starting with smaller timeouts to master server and increasing with each attempt
- Update NFT Frame lighting and brightness
- We updated NFT art frames to be brighter and consistently lit inside the room.
- Disable the room name touch area when not owner
- Only the hosts can change the room's name.
- Force update upon receiving the bootstrap message from unity
- Fix memory leak in editor caused by FontHelper
- Always re-update the webGL rtc texture if it's regenerated from plugin
- Use Multi Pass stereo rendering for SteamVR builds
- Fix pedestal center offset
- 3D objects can now be placed directly on the pedestal's center without having offsets.
- Use login history key for old backend if hasn't saved the new one yet
- Removed appintro / better logic for disconnected network situation
- Fix user height adjustment
- Fix shader issues on WebGL platforms
- Fix texture compression artifacts in vr environment shading
- Fixes to web browser control bar and disable input field on WebGL
- Fix tutorial not loading on Android for several seconds
- Change mobile avatar gesture
- Allow us to bypass gltf texture compression for custom environments and skyboxes
- Add server-side control of max image sizes • Load local avatar before other avatars
- Fix Z-fighting from gallery frame highlighter
- Increase max scale for images
- Use white camera background color by default for WebGL
- Added tooltips for spatial object buttons
- Implement video player audio falloff in WebGL
- Video player reliability improvements, refactor, and fully support custom thumbnails
- WebGL performance improvements when not connected to room
- Roll back fog mode and density to before the fog update
- & more