Artists, creators, and collectors have been using Spatial for a while to show off their work in Spatial's social and collaborative platform. And now we have added a whole host of features for making that even easier.
Here's how you can get started creating your own virtual gallery in Spatial, which can then be accessed by anyone from VR headsets, mobile devices, or right in any web browser:
- First, go to App.Spatial.io, and sign in or create a new account.
- You can create a gallery no matter how you create your art:
- If you are an NFT artist or collector, first you will need to set up our integration with MetaMask.
- If you do not use NFTs (or don't even know what NFTs are), you can simply import your 2D or 3D assets directly into Spatial.
- Next, create a new room, or join an existing one from the Rooms page.
- Choose one of our gorgeous default environments like the Gallery, or upload your own custom environments. Click here to see how to set up a custom environment.
- See this article for how to change your room's environment.
- As of May 2021: To change the environment, you will need to do so from a supported VR headset. Changing environments from our mobile and web apps is coming soon.
- Bring your art into the room one of a few ways:
- Select the NFT button from your content menu in VR and webto bring in your MetaMask wallet collection
- Upload it directly by dragging and dropping the file into your browser window
- Upload it via one of our many other integrations
- Now with your art in the room, place it on the walls, or anywhere you like throughout the space!
- Tip - the walls in the Gallery environment are sticky, so placeyour art up against the wall and it'll automatically align with it!
Here are other tools we've added to make your gallery pop even more:
Pedestal for 3D Objects
Give your 3D models the stage they deserve. Click the Pedestal button on any 3D object to place it on its own pedestal which will stick and rescale with the object automatically.
Frame for 2D Images
Want to add a nice frame around your 2D images to help them stand out? Click the Frame button a 2D image to enable/disable it.
Metadata Info Panel for NFT Assets
NFT assets are unique because they come attached with important metadata - ownership info, title, and description. Clicking the "i" button on an asset imported from MetaMask will display its blockchain metadata on a panel right next to it.
Loop and Mute Videos
If you want a video to play endlessly on a loop, click the little loop icon in the lower right corner of the video. You can also mute/unmute videos that have sound by clicking on the volume icon.
Other things to consider when creating and sharing your gallery
- Turn on spatial audio to allow for separate conversations in your gallery
- Lock items so other's can't move them
- Room permissions
- Set your gallery Share permissions to "Anyone with a link" to make it more widely accessible (good for sharing on your website or social channels)
- Set permissions to "Only those invited" to keep the gallery more private.
- Use Host Tools to ensure no guests make any unwanted changes to your gallery!