Spatial currently supports MetaMask for the Ethereum and Polygon chains
We are excited to expand our support in 2022!
Artists, creators, and collectors have been using Spatial for a while to show off their work in Spatial's social and collaborative platform. And now we have added a whole host of features for making that even easier.
Here's how you can get started creating your own virtual gallery in Spatial, which can then be accessed by anyone from VR headsets, mobile devices, or right in any web browser:
- First, go to spatial.io/login, and sign in or create a new account. You can create a gallery no matter how you create your art:
- If you are an NFT artist or collector, you can opt to log in with MetaMask, or you can integrate your MetaMask wallet in Spatial's Integrations. if you already have an existing Spatial account.
- If you do not use NFTs (or don't know what NFTs are), you can simply import your 2D or 3D assets directly into Spatial.
- Next, create a new space, or join an existing one from your Spaces page.
- Choose one of our gorgeous default environments like the Gallery, or upload your own custom environments. Click here to see how to set up a custom environment.
- See this article to learn how to change your space's environment.
- Bring your art into the room one of a few ways:
- Select the NFT button from your content menu in VR and web to bring in your MetaMask wallet collection.
- Upload it directly by dragging and dropping the file into your browser window.
- Upload it via one of our many other integrations.
- Now with your art in the room, place it on the walls, or anywhere you like throughout the space!
- Tip - the walls are sticky, so place your art up against the wall and it'll automatically align with it!
- If you're on the Web, you can click and hold a piece, then use your arrow keys or WASD to move the piece around the space. The art will stop moving once it's aligned with a vertical wall surface.
Here are other tools we've added to make your gallery pop even more:
Pedestal for 3D Objects
Give your 3D models the stage they deserve. Click the Pedestal button on any 3D object to place it on its own pedestal which will stick and rescale with the object automatically.
Frame for 2D Images
Want to add a nice frame around your 2D images to help them stand out? Click the Frame button a 2D image to enable/disable it.
The Zoom In feature allows you to enlarge any 2D image or video. Hover over an art piece with your mouse or controller and click the magnifying glass to display the media in Lightbox mode. For NFTs imported via Metamask, the metadata will also display next to the piece.
Metadata Info Panel (NFT-only feature)
NFT assets are unique because they come attached with important metadata: ownership info, title, and description. Metadata plaques are only visible with NFTs imported via your Metamask integration.
In VR, to show or hide the metadata plaque from your NFT, unlock the object, then click the "i" icon next to the image.
On desktop or mobile, unlock the object, then select the "i" icon from your menu to show or hide the
Loop and Mute Videos
If you want a video to play endlessly on a loop, click the little loop icon in the lower right corner of the video. You can also mute/unmute videos that have sound by clicking on the volume icon.
Other things to consider when creating and sharing your gallery
- Turn on spatial audio to allow for separate conversations in your gallery
- Lock items so others can't move them
- Space permissions
- Set your gallery's Share permissions to "Anyone with a link" to make it more widely accessible (good for sharing on your website or social channels)
- Set permissions to "Only those invited" to keep the gallery more private.
- Use Host Tools to ensure no guests make any unwanted changes to your gallery