Spatial's Interactive Web Browser allows you to fully immerse in a Spatial meeting with no headset required!
How to join the web app / desktop
How to join the web app / desktop:
Go to Spatial's web app: app.spatial.io
- Chrome >= 72
- Firefox >= 72
- Safari >= 15
- Edge >= 79
Your computer must also support WebGL 2.0. You can test this using https://get.webgl.org/webgl2/.
You can join from your mobile device or phone as well by going to your browser OR try our full featured iOS/Android apps
If they do not have a Spatial account, they will join the room automatically and be prompted to enter their name, then create an account.
If you have an account or would like to create one:
- Login: Use your email or Single Sign-On
- Always create your account with your professional email, if possible
- If you are interested in joining via headset learn how to use the web app to Pair Your Headset
- Make sure you agree to Join Audio
- Use your WASD keys to move forward, backward, and side to side
- Alternatively, use your arrow keys to move your avatar
- Use your Q and E keys to rotate your perspective
- Use the Spacebar to jump for joy!
- Use hotkeys 1-5 to try out different movements (i.e., cheer and churn butter) and the C key to clap
- Click to teleport to a spot in the room
- Click and drag your mouse to rotate your perspective
- Scroll or pinch to zoom in and out
Web app Settings
Click the (...) menu in the lower right corner of your screen to adjust your performance settings.
From this menu, adjust the following:
Spatial Audio Falloff on/off
Auto Save on/off - Rooms default to Auto Save unless changed here
Camera - Choose your webcam input source here
Microphone - Choose your audio input source here
Screenshare - Adjust the framerate and video quality of your screen share
Render quality - This is set to Auto by default. If you're on an older or less powerful device, choose a lower render quality for a smoother experience.
Target frame rate - This is set to 30FPS by default. If you're on an older or less powerful device, select a lower target frame rate for a smoother experience.
Web App Capabilities
Web app users can:
- Participate as an avatar
- Create new rooms
- Join via audio and/or video from your webcam
- Access the Admin panel
- Trigger searches and add notes
- Export content
- Screen share
- Move objects around a room
- Download, duplicate, 1:1 scale, lock, and delete objects
- Express yourself by Jumping, Cheering or Clapping
- Save as template
- Use Space Template Picker
- Create Portals
Web app users cannot:
- Freely scale objects (mobile/headset only)
Webcam feed can show up right on top of your avatar! Be immersed while sharing your real time expressions.
- Click and drag an object to move it around the room (on the X and Y axis)
- Click and hold an object while using your arrow keys or WASD keys to spatially change its position (Z axis)
- Use tools in your Object Toolkit to manipulate content. Click an object to access its Object Toolkit.
Web App Toolkit
Left to right: Add Note, Search, Add Saved content, Add Portal, Share Screen
Left to right: Download file, Lock Object, Edit, Duplicate, Set Custom Environment, Show Pedestal, Delete
Moving Objects with the Sidebar UI
Demonstrating the Object Toolkit