This release changes everything 👀 Read on to hear what's new!
🖥️ PCVR on Steam (Deprecated as of March 2022)
Spatial finally works on any headset that is supported by the Steam VR Platform! This includes headsets such as the Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, HP Reverb, Varjo, Windows Mixed Reality, and more!
Quickly and Easily jump right into an interactive experience right in your desktop browser! Show up as your avatar and feel more present with everyone involved regardless of device.
Click on the screen or use WASD or the Arrow Keys to move yourself around
🖼️ New Gallery Environment
Beautiful and sleek design, this environment is incredible for its sticky walls and curation potential! A gallery set afloat with bobbing icebergs, you need to experience this amazing canvas for creation! This place is perfect for uploading your NFTs and displaying them proudly in your own personal gallery!
We are thrilled to support this community of artists and are grateful for those who have embraced Spatial. We have many Gallery openings lined up on our Event Calendar! Read more
✨ Integration with your Metamask wallet
✨ Gallery Frames for Images & Videos
✨ Gallery Pedestal for 3D Models
✨ Descriptive Caption Panel for your Art!
We love this feature! Jump between different content without having to change rooms! Set up an entire presentation in a room but need to bring that content into another? No problem!
Save your room as a Template and it will live in your Stuff Menu to pull up anytime!
FINALLY upload your favorite gifs! Need we say more?
We're On Discord!
EVENT: 4.0 Launch Gallery Meet Up! Spatial will be hosting a Gallery Open House with the team and some of our own lovely artwork!
Friday May 14th, 2021: Please RSVP via the links below!
Fixes & Improvements
- Major improvement to room join experience when joining a room with a lot of content
- Performance optimizations
- Improved correction of avatar height when the device guardian wasn’t setup properly on Quest
- Larger document page navigation buttons
- Improved content loading state user feedback
- Improved sharpness of image content
- Fixed: Custom skybox is visible in AR Mode on iOS
- Fixed: While the custom environment is loading, user cannot move around
- Fixed: User is floating in empty scene until the custom environment is loaded; “Transition”/“Abstract” scene is shown while environment is loading
- Reduced volume of fire sound in the Outdoor environment
- Ability to place content on environment walls (Gallery Environment only
- Ability to invite multiple users at once
- Fixed: Empty Slack channels displaying error status
- Fixed: Objects jump toward user when being moved with joystick on Quest
- Fixed: Model bounding box is too big while loading
- Fixed: Selfie stick camera does not render screenshares and webcams on Quest
- Fixed: On headsets, the dock and rooms menu can overlap
- Fixed: Rooms menu sometimes doesn’t show up after leaving the room
- Fixed: Memory leak caused by 3D models
- Fixed: “What’s New” doesn’t show up after logging out and logging in again
- Fixed: When the environment changes, user can be repositioned into a spot already occupied by another user
- Fixed: Slack and Figma content sometimes doesn’t display when returning into a room