**Subject to change - be sure to check every quarter**
See bottom of the page for features that have been released.
Coming in 2H 2021
- [5.0] Team/Public lobby — Meet people in your workgroup, or join a completely public lobby, as soon as you enter Spatial in a beautiful new environment.
- [5.0] Whiteboard improvements
- [5.0] Audio Zones - Break out into secluded audio zones within Spatial rooms
- [5.0?] Join via videoconferencing software - Zoom integration so you can join Spatial meetings w/ your existing collaboration solution
- [5.0?] Meeting Codes
High Priority but depends on customer demand
- Record your meeting - record a meeting so you can share + watch the whole thing as if you were there.
- No more 3D file size limits - Azure Remote Rendering for huge high res 3D data. *Only available in Spatial Cloud/No On-Prem*
- Additional 3D file formats - STEP, STL, other CAD and Geospatial formats
- Deeper feeling of being in the same room - volumetric streaming of people and objects
- Build custom apps and features on top of Spatial - Spatial SDK to enable your custom development (or you can work with one of our System Integrator partners)
- Set up your room in minutes w/ templates - use case-based templates will enable you to quickly create immersive Spatial rooms with all your files perfectly arranged.
Released in 2020-2021
- [4.0] Join via powerful PCVR headsets - SteamVR beta
- [4.0] Interactive Web Client in Beta - Navigate within a Spatial room from your desktop, just like in a headset or on mobile.
- [4.0] Custom room templates - Save the contents of any room to a template, and bring it to life in a new room
- [4.0] Content export - Export room data into a useful, shareable format; in-Spatial screenshot function (2.0); easily upload content sourced from integrations; share Spatial content via social media
- [4.0] Audio improvements - Improved latency and audio quality for web participants
- [4.0] Gallery environment - Showcase your artwork in Spatial
- [4.0] Customizable Picture Frames + Placards - Frame your art and display metadata such as NFT metadata or artist information
- [4.0] Animated GIF support
- [3.0 beta, 4.0 release] Join via powerful PCVR headsets - SteamVR beta
- Pre-release Beta in late March, Full release after 4.0
- [3.0] Upload your own full 3D environment - upload any 3D file and set it as your full, pinned immersive environment.
- [3.0] More file formats - .OBJ, .DAE, .TIFF
- [3.0] Speech captions - Live translation from any language! Just speak and other users will see captions in their own language.
- [3.0] Export selfie and screenshot photos easily By email
- [3.0] Outdoor environment
- [3.0] Replace your desktop (macOS only) - “Spatial Cast”, a single-player high-performance remote desktop that streams to VR, enabling better work and collaboration at your desk
- [3.0] Privacy and Security improvements - Added room permissions + private rooms
- [3.0 for skin tone and shirt color, TBD for rest] Avatar improvements - Upgraded avatar generation to include skin tone and t-shirt selection improvements, new body design iteration, head improvements, IK fixes
- Host Tools: Room creators have greater control over the room and its participants
- Selfie stick: Take pictures in Spatial of yourself, your friends, your coworkers, or any content in the room
- LiDAR Scanning: Create and add point clouds + meshes directly to Spatial
- Spatial Audio: The farther you are from someone, the harder it becomes to hear them
- Moveable Spectator Camera: Control the view of those watching from the web app
- Content Menu: Curate your Spatial content from the web app
- Duplicate Content: Easily create copy of any piece of content in the room
- Join via Mobile phone - Fully participate in Spatial meetings via iOS/Android mobile; app will be available in the app store.
- Launched Tele - A mobile app allowing you to hang out with your friends in AR as if you’re in the same room.
- More file upload integrations - Google Drive/Onedrive/Sharepoint
- Host bigger meetings than ever - set an auditorium environment for big lectures.
- 3D Object Scaling improvements - 1:1 Scale button adjusts 3D models to their real-life proportions.
- Controller Updates - Fluidly push and pull objects with the thumbstick.
- Teleport Hotspots - Instantly snap to a designated seat in Quest VR environments
- Brainstorming Template - Express ideas with color-coded notes and organizational diagrams
- Improved Text readability - clearer text makes documents easier to read
- Increased room boundary - Teleportation zone increased. Abstract space is the largest at 100M x 100M x 20M.
- Performance improvements: More responsive fist bumps, speedier avatar loading, rooms autosave by default, improved hand-tracking teleportation, MP4 video looping