Spatial Cast is only for Macs at the moment, and requires macOS 10.15 Catalina or newer
You might get this message, Click OK:
Go to Settings and give Spatial permission:
Once you have it installed and configured you should be able to Open it, It will look like this:
Once you open the desktop app, you will see the option to Start Mirroring.
Join a Spatial room in Spatial by any means and Click "Start Mirroring"
- Right now you can only share your whole screen
- You can have up to 2 Casts in a given room
Interacting in VR?
- You can only click things (no drags, hovers, right-click, etc)
To capture desktop audio instead of your microphone, you’ll need to have the Soundflower audio loop driver installed and properly configured.
1) Grab and install Soundflower from https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases/tag/2.0b2, follow instructions exactly.
Installation will require admin privileges.
- Click the Soundflower-2.0b2.dmg file to download. Unzip the file and hold CTRL > Open while opening the Soundflower.pkg file. You’ll see this prompt:
- Click Open and go through the installation.
- Navigate to Settings > Security & Privacy > General. Configure your settings to allow apps from the App Store and identified developers. Don’t click Open Anyway. Click the lock afterwards.
Run the Soundflower.pkg installer again. The install should be successful. Proceed to step 2 once you see Install Complete.
2) Configure Soundflower for desktop capture.
a) Open Audio Midi Setup app from spotlight search.
b) Select Soundflower (2ch)
c) Click on the gear icon on the bottom of the selection panel and select both "Use this device for sound input” and "Use this device for sound output.”
d) Make sure all audio levels at a reasonable volume and all channels are unmuted.
e) Run Spatial Cast. Log in to your Spatial account via the prompt, and select the Audio checkbox to allow for desktop audio share. The Cast will be forwarded to your active Spatial session. Remember to enable Accessibility permission for Spatial Cast in System Preferences (you will be prompted).
You can now close Audio Midi Setup and Open Spatial Cast. Desktop audio will be forwarded to your Spatial Session. While using Soundflower you won’t hear any audio coming out of your Mac’s speakers. You can change the settings back by opening Audio Midi Setup again and selecting your usual speaker configuration.
To stop sharing your screen and audio, click Stop Mirroring on Spatial Cast.