Are you ready to share your space with guests, but need to preserve the state of your creation? Utilize Host Tools to exercise greater control over your room's contents, environment, and participants.
Please note Host Tools and Admin abilities are different features. Read more about Admin abilities here.
Host Settings are available to our Spatial+ users and can now be accessed from any device - Web, Mobile, or HMD.
- HMD Access: via the Settings Menu
- Web Access: via the (...) menu in the lower right corner, or via Share
- Mobile Access: via the expandable 3-dot menu in the lower right corner
How it works: Whomever created the space is the host by default. If you're looking to host in a space belonging to someone else, you'll need to be assigned as an additional host by the space creator. Users must be in the space at the same time to assign hosting abilities to one another.
With Host Tools, you can...
- Mute all participants
- Kick participants
- Ban participants (1 hour, 24 hours, or permanently)
- Un-ban participants
- Bring users to me
- Send users to seats
- Revert room to last save
- Enable/disable users from adding content
- Enable/disable users from downloading content
- This applies to both 2D and 3D uploaded content
- Enable/disable edit host content
- Enable/disable Change Environment
- Enable/disable Save Room
- Enable/disable Clear Room
Access Host Settings in your HMD:
Access Host Settings in your Web browser:
Access Host Settings on the Mobile app:
Kicking and Banning Participants
We're devoted to fostering a safe and comfortable experience in Spatial. If a user is disruptive, unruly, or otherwise unwelcome in your space, you are able to remove them using the Kick and Ban features.
To moderate users in your space:
- Open your Host tools.
- Click Moderate Participants.
- All participants in the space will appear. Click the user you'd like to remove or ban from your space.
- Kicking a user from your space will boot them out. Banning a user removes them from your space, and disallows them from entering your space again within a specified timeframe (or, permanently).
- From the Moderate Participants menu, you can also un-ban users who were previously banned.
Bring users to me
The bring users to me feature can be used when there is more than one person in the space. When you click the "Bring Users to Me" button, it will teleport all other users in the space to your location.
Send users to seats
Show ready to start and want everyone to find a seat quickly and promptly? Use the "Send users to seats" button to send everyone in the space to a designated seat in your space. Want to learn how to add a seat hotspot in your custom space - click here.