You have the option to stream your webcam and enable your microphone for other participants to see and hear you in the Spatial Web app.
Enabling Webcam and Microphone Permissions
1. Turn on your microphone and/or webcam by clicking on these buttons in the lower left corner. Once they are activated, they will look like the image on the right:
2. Allow requests for camera and microphone permissions if prompted. Pictured here is Google Chrome. Scroll down to see steps for allowing permissions on other browsers.
3. If you are still having issues, check permissions and camera/microphone settings.
- In the lower right corner, click on Settings (...).
- Verify that you see a microphone and camera listed. If you have multiple, select the correct one.
- If you are not seeing your Camera or Microphone, first try restarting Chrome and try using Spatial again.
- If you are still having trouble accessing/using your Camera or Microphone, please verify if it's working on other sites by following instructions here: https://support.oc.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360040429292-Test-WebCam-and-Microphone-using-Google-Meet
4. Check permissions. After restarting your browser, click the lock icon next to the URL, and ensure that Camera and Microphone permissions are granted.
5. If the issue still persists after restarting your browser and checking on permissions, please reach us at email@example.com or in the x-support channel in our Discord with a detailed report of the issue and screenshots if applicable.
Granting Permissions in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
Read on to learn about setting microphone and camera permissions for different browsers.
Similar to Chrome, click the icon shown in the image below.
1. While in Spatial on Safari, Click on 'Safari'
2. Click 'Settings for spatial.io'
3. When prompted the following message, click on the drop down menu next to 'Microphone' and 'Camera' to click 'Allow'
For the changes to fully take effect, you may need to restart your browser.
To troubleshoot screen sharing audio, see this article.
Learn more about the Spatial web app here.