Ready for a change of scenery? Read along to learn about:
- How to change your virtual environment in Web, Mobile and VR
- How to set a custom spawn point
- Each pre-set Spatial environment and use case ideas
- Wall and floor dimensions in each Spatial environment
- Space features such as hotspots and shared walls
Want to learn about Custom Environments? Click HERE.
Curious about NFT environments? Check out this article.
Change your environment in VR
- In headset, look down and open your menu. Click Settings.
- Click Change Environment.
- Choose your environment.
Change your environment on Web + Mobile
- Click the Settings menu (...) in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Environment.
- Choose the environment you'd like to transform your space into.
Set a custom spawn point (Web +VR only)
This point will determine where users will spawn when they join a space.
- Navigate to your Environment settings (...) and click Custom Spawn Point.
- Click and drag the spawn point to the desired location.
- Be sure to lock this point in place using the Lock button.
- Remove or reposition a spawn point by clicking on the white pin and unlocking it, then drag it to the desired location.
Which environment is best for my use case?
Choose between 8 different environments, or upload your own custom environment. You can host any type of event in any space, but some spaces offer features that may be more relevant to your use case. Read along to learn what each space is tailored for.
Bright, sleek, and refined. Aeries Gallery is an inspiring venue for an open-air exposition or gallery.
Our Obsidian Gallery has the perfect lighting and ambience to place your art pieces and/or sculptures (2D or 3D pieces that are either NFTs or non-NFTs)!
Bring your 2D and 3D art pieces via the content panel or NFT into our Isle Gallery Environment. Showcase and curate your beautiful art around the space.
Enjoy the peaceful ambiance of the Outdoor Environment. Featuring a gorgeous aurora-filled sky, swaying forestry, and jagged terrain, this environment is the perfect space for a fireside chat.
The Auditorium environment features a larger shared wall to allow for more 2D display space in your meetings. With over 40 seats, it's ideal for large team meetings, presentations, and seminars.
Cozy, simple, elegant. Productivity is up to you.
Boardroom with Table
Gather your participants around a table to facilitate discussion, host a small seminar, or plot to take over the world (just kidding). This is a great environment to chat face-to-face in a bright, inspiring venue.
Fun fact: The Mountain Lounge was Spatial's very first virtual environment! This is a quaint space to kick back and enjoy infinite mountain views. Tall windows, open-air construction, and sleek furniture make this space is the perfect template for your own clubhouse in the sky.
Spatial Environment Dimensions
Below are the measurements in meters of the X, Y and Z planes in each of our Spatial Environments.
|Environment||X axis||Y axis||Z axis||Area (Square meters)|
|Isle gallery||Wall size|
|Obsidian gallery||Wall size|
|Mountain lounge||Wall size||1.86||1.08|
Some environments come with a Shared Wall. This is a central space to display 2D content. For environments without walls, the Shared Wall is especially helpful for neatly organizing your photos, videos, NFTs, documents, and more. Note that each space can have a maximum of one shared wall.
Take a seat! This is a snap-to-seat feature that allows guests to precisely position their avatar on virtual seating. You'll know you've found a seat hotspot when the green arrow appears when you click or teleport. Hotspots are featured in certain pre-set environments.
Want to learn how to create hotspots in your custom environment's furniture? You can add a hotspot via Blender to any 3D model. Check out this article to learn how to create your own hotspot.