We've teamed up with ReadyPlayer.Me to bring the most expressive and personalized avatar experience to Spatial possible!
Choose to generate an avatar from a selfie, select a preset avatar in Spatial, or use your personalized ReadyPlayerMe avatar.
On which platforms can I customize my avatar?
Your avatar can only be created and edited via Spatial's Web App. To view a full list of platform-specific capabilities in Spatial, see this guide.
- Jump using the space bar
- Clap your hands by using the C key
- Rotate your view using the V key to see your avatar's beautiful face!
- Agree with a thumbs up using the Y key
- Disagree with a thumbs down using the N key
- Cheer using the 1 key
- Wave using the 2 key
- Get down using the 3 key
- Pop'n lock using the 4 key
- Churn butter using the 5 key
Creating Your Avatar
You will be prompted to create your avatar when you set up your account. There are a few ways to customize your look:
- Upload a Selfie
- Select a Preset Avatar
- Use your custom ReadyPlayerMe Avatar
1. Upload a Selfie
There's nothing more you... than you! You can choose to upload a forward facing, neutral-expression selfie to generate your avatar.
For best results, use a neutral expression and look right at the camera. You can use your webcam or upload a selfie from your files. Make sure to enable webcam access if necessary.
From here, you can:
- Customize your outfit
- Change your skin tone and shirt color by using the sliding scales
You can click "Regenerate Head" if you'd like to use a different photo. Click "Save" once you're satisfied with your look. You can always edit your avatar later on. Read on below to learn about editing your avatar.
2. Use a Default Avatar
If you create an account and click Continue Without Photo, you'll be assigned a randomized avatar that you can personalize.
From here, you can:
- Choose from a variety of random avatars
- Change your skin tone and shirt color by using the sliding scales.
3. Use Your ReadyPlayerMe (RPM) Avatar
1. In another tab, create or log into your account at ReadyPlayer.Me. You can design as many avatars on RPM as you'd like.
2. Access your RPM avatar in Spatial by clicking Customize Body. From here, choose an existing avatar, edit an existing avatar, or create a new avatar.
a. If you want to use an avatar you have already made, click Select.
b. You can create a new RPM avatar directly in Spatial by clicking Create New Avatar.
c. You can also customize an RPM avatar you've already created by clicking Customize.
3. Click Save once you are satisfied with your avatar.
4. Note: If you'd like to use your photo-generated head, please select a Default avatar style, then click Generate Head.
Edit your Avatar
You can edit your avatar from your Profile, or from within a Space.
Edit Avatar via Profile:
Edit Avatar via a Space:
1. Log into your Spatial account on a web browser at spatial.io/login.
2. Click your name in the top center and select 'Edit Profile'.
3. Click the Pencil icon (shown below) to edit your avatar.
4. From there, you'll be ported into your Spatial Home and the avatar customization panel will appear. Scroll up to Creating Your Avatar in this guide to learn how to generate an avatar by using a selfie, a default avatar, or your ReadyPlayerMe avatar.
1. From inside of a Space, click the Avatar button in the bottom right (shown above).
2. The avatar customization panel will appear. Scroll up to Creating Your Avatar in this guide to learn how to generate an avatar by using a selfie, a default avatar, or your ReadyPlayerMe avatar.
Have questions about your avatar? Ask us in our Discord on the #support channel or reach us at email@example.com.