There are 3 ways to get your content into Spatial:
- Uploading directly to Spatial via the web app (see steps below)
- Accessing your files hosted on other platforms via our integrations
- Generating a 3D model by scanning a room or object using the LiDAR scanner on iOS devices
Supported File Types
Spatial supports a wide array of file formats (see table below for more info):
3D: OBJ, glTF, GLB, FBX, DAE, PLY
Videos: MP4, GIFs, MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV, WEBM
Images: PNG, JPEG, TIFF
Documents: .docx, .pptx, .xlsx, .pdf
Uploading Content to Spatial
- Go to app.spatial.io
- Click on a room
- Select the paperclip icon in the menu at the button of the window
- You can also drag and drop files directly into the browser window
Accessing Content in Spatial
The content you upload will be saved to your content menu so you can access it at any time, in any room.
Supported File Formats:
|3D Files - We recommend that you use a maximum texture size of 2048x2048.|
|Microsoft Word .docx||100 MB|
|Microsoft Powerpoint .pptx||
|Microsoft Excel .xlsx||
Soon we will start supporting: STEP, STL, and other CAD and geospatial formats
*Spatial swag not included*
To make a video loop, click the icon in the lower right hand corner of the video player:
Support for Animated 3D Models
If your 3D models include animations, we support those too!
Some things to note:
- Only one animation clip will be played automatically and it will loop.
- On headsets (AR/VR) you can advance through multiple animations using the >> button on a model.
- Transform animation is supported.
- Skeletal animation is supported.
- Morph target animation is not supported.
- Any tool-specific animation will not be exported to 3d formats we support.