There are 3 ways to get your content into Spatial:
- Uploading directly to Spatial via the web app (see steps below)
- Accessing your files hosted on other platforms via our integrations
- Generating a 3D model by scanning a room or object using the LiDAR scanner on iOS devices
Supported File Types
|3D Files - We recommend that you use a maximum texture size of 2048x2048.|
|Microsoft Word .docx||100 MB|
|Microsoft Powerpoint .pptx||
|Microsoft Excel .xlsx||
Spatial supports a wide array of file formats (see table below for more info):
3D: GLB, glTF, FBX,OBJ, DAE, PCD
Videos: MP4, GIFs, MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV, WEBM
Images: PNG, JPEG, TIFF
Documents: .docx, .pptx, .xlsx, .pdf
Uploading Content to Spatial
- Go to Spatial.io/Spaces
- Click on a room
- Select the blue plus button in the menu at the button of the window
- Click UPLOAD at the top of the popup window
- You can also drag and drop files directly into the browser window
Accessing Content in Spatial
The content you upload will be saved to your content menu so you can access it at any time, in any room.
Supported File Formats:
*Spatial swag not included*
To make a video loop, click the icon in the lower right hand corner of the video player:
Support for Animated 3D Models
If your 3D models include animations, we support those too!
Some things to note:
- Animation states (play/pause) can only be toggled on VR headset.
- Transform animation is supported.
- Skeletal animation is supported.
- Morph target animation is not supported.
- Any tool-specific animation will not be exported to 3d formats we support.