Screen share lets you stream any application window, browser tab, or your desktop into a Spatial space. This feature is only available on the Web platform.
To Share Your Screen:
- Log into Spatial and enter a space.
Click the Share Screen icon at the bottom of your screen.
- You can share your entire screen, an application window, or a tab.
- Share your entire screen, or only one window.
To Enable Audio/Video Streaming into Spatial:
**This can only be done on the Chrome browser. For best results, mute your mic input during screen share.
- Log into Spatial on the web app and enter a space.
- Click the Share Screen icon.
- Click Chrome Tab and select the tab you'd like to share.
- Make sure "Share Tab Audio" is selected.
- Begin streaming your content into Spatial. Your audience will be able to view and hear your screen share.
Adjust Your Screen Share:
- In Spatial, click the screen to adjust your screen's position, rotation and scale. Use the sliders on the right hand side to adjust.
- Click the Lock button while the screen is selected to pin it in place.
- Share multiple windows of the same stream by clicking the Duplicate button.
Close and Re-Open Screen Share
When you or another user shares a screen, the screen will center on your screen, no matter where you are in a space.
- You can close a screen share window by clicking the X in the top right corner of the screen share.
- You can open a screen share by clicking the Participants bar in the top center, then click the sharer's screen beside their name in the Participants list.
- When someone is sharing a screen, you can also click the Pin icon in the Participants list to pin the screen feed to the center of your screen.
Q. Why can't I share my screen?
A. If the host of a space has disabled "allow adding content" via Host Tools, guests won't see the Share Screen button at the bottom. If you don't see the Share Screen icon in a space, ask the space owner to appoint you as a Host to access this feature.
Q. How can I adjust my screen share quality?
A. Click the (...) menu in the lower right and click Settings. Click Screen Share to adjust your screen share performance settings.
Q. Can several screens be shared in a Spatial space at once?
A. Yes! Multiple users can share their screen in a single Spatial space. Only one window, tab, or desktop can be streamed per user at one time.
Q. Can I record an event in Spatial?
A. Yes, there are a few ways to do this:
- Record via screen capture on your mobile/computer device.
- Record using Loom.com to easily share a link to the video recording with others. Loom is a great option if you need to record audio (microphone input and Spatial audio output).
- Record using your Quest VR headset.
Q. Can I livestream an event?
A. Yes! Check out this article to learn how to live stream your space.